Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad
The Roland SPD-SX is a sampling pad that is fun and easy to use. It gives you 9 distinct zones with which to trigger the samples. It has some samples pre-loaded but its expected you do your own sampling and or load samples of your own into the unit to trigger. The SPD-SX is pretty durable for something you beat on with sticks and is very road ready. The SPD-SX’s internal memory (4 GB) lets you store and carry your entire sample library inside. With no external memory required, you can house approximately 720 minutes of audio (10,000 files) at 16-bit, 44.1 kHz, mono. The built-in USB ports let you directly import audio files from USB flash memory. The bundled SPD-SX Wave Manager software app lets you import audio files directly from computer via USB, assign the samples to each pad, and organize the thousands of samples efficiently. The SPD-SX has three multi-effects units on board: one master unit and two units that are assignable per kit. The master effects engine lets you perform in real time like a DJ using the dedicated front-panel controls. Get your hands on the filter, delay, short looper, and user-assignable effects . All of which can be creatively adjusted with the four front-panel buttons and two control knobs. The SPD-SX is equipped with nine highly sensitive rubber pads with two independent real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons. Roland’s most advanced triggering technology ensures the ultimate in accuracy and fully dynamic performance, while a large backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in all varieties of environments. Each pad has a companion LED that illuminates to show the pad’s status. When you trigger sample phrases, the LEDs remain lit to show you which pads are in play and which are not. In addition, the LEDs change illumination strength according to audio-level activity (similar to level meters on a mixing board). The high-contrast red divider lines help you see the pad zones clearly onstage.
- Unique sampling-pad concept making it the only instrument of its kind in the world
- 4 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 720 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects on board, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
Check out this video that gives an overview of the SPD-SX. Then come back and we'll give you the best deal on it.
We Also Recommend