In stock now in limited quantity!
Finally it is here! The Roland VH-14D 14" Digital hi hat cymbal. When the TD-50 was first launched in late 2016 with an extra USB input most people assumed the Digital Hi Hat was the next step. We had been told as early as January 2018 that one was being developed but had to keep that under wraps. Now it's officially announced with pricing. Don't even finish reading this go ahead and order one ASAP. If you own them you know Roland’s digital snare and ride are excellent. They are a nice size, trigger great, and really elevate the whole Edrum experience. Now with the groundbreaking VH-14D, the electronic hi-hat can join them in creating a new universe of playability. Offering touch sensitivity, tonal variation, and open/closed resolution that’s never been available until now. The two-piece design and thin 14-inch pads provide a familiar look and natural feel, while the high-resolution, multi-sensor system tracks velocity, stick position, and foot work with maximum precision. Foot splashes are reproduced authentically, and you can even mute the cymbals with a hand touch just like acoustic hi-hats. The VH-14D is the perfect complement to the PD-140S digital snare and CY-18DR digital ride, bringing Roland’s powerful digital advantages to the three most nuanced pieces in your kit. For the most expressive VH-14D experience, you’ll want to use it with the flagship TD-50X sound module or a TD-50 module with the TD-50X upgrade installed. These modules include new sounds that are fully optimized for the VH-14D. Standard TD-50 and TD-27 modules are also compatible with the VH-14D via a free system update. This provides support for the VH-14D’s enhanced detection capabilities, but no new sounds are included.
- High-resolution sound triggering designed for use with the TD-50X and compatible Roland sound modules with digital trigger inputs
- Top and bottom 14-inch pads with thin profiles for authentic feel and playability
- Precision tracking of velocity, stick position, and foot pedal work
- Wide-range touch sensors allow you to mute the cymbals with your hand
- Mounts to a regular acoustic hi-hat stand
- Works with TD-27 with the latest firmware
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.