Discontinued and no longer available. Please see the new TD-50X which replaced it in April 2021, we are taking orders now for delivery in June 2021.
The Roland TD-50 is a V-Drums module that came out in 2016 and replaced the TD-30 module. The TD-50 continues to main concept of V-drums by being very easy to use, reliable, dynamic, and great sounding. Roland has been making drum modules for over 20 years and learned from all those past models. This time Roland added a ton of features we have all been waiting for. This is the first Roland module to feature XLR main outputs, and three built in USB Digital connections for hooking up to Digital Pads. The digital snare and ride are amazing. We have played on them and they have exceeded all expectations by far. The internal sounds are somewhat improved from the TD-30. There are better stock kits but less overall sounds. The editing on each sound is almost infinite though so you are only limited by time and your imagination. You can record your own performances to an SD card at the touch of a button and it works well. In addition to traditional analog trigger inputs, the module is equipped by 3 all-new digital pad trigger inputs for high-speed communication with the new multi-element sensor systems in the PD-140DS snare snare and CY-18DR ride. We cannot stress how amazing the new snare and ride are. They are game changers. Roland offers the TD-50DP upgrade package that includes the new module, snare, and ride all in one package and it has become our best selling item.
The TD-50 has two XLR outs and 8 more unbalanced outs. You can also record 10 MIDI tracks out via the USB output straight into a DAW. Deep editing features and flexible connectivity are Roland standards at this point and the TD-50 doesn't disappoint here. As usual you can get crazy with the modeling. Combine this with the fact that this is the first Roland module to allow playing of samples by any pad from samples imported from an SD card. You can layer samples with internal sounds very quickly and easily. If you are familiar with Roland modules you will be right at home. I recommend getting the new snare and ride as well! Get the best price and trade in your old gear at Edrumcenter.
- Top of the line Roland V-Drum sound module with Prismatic Sound Modeling.
- Less than 1ms trigger time - fastest of any module on the market
- Dedicated Processor just for triggering
- 400 plus plus dynamic and expressive instruments in with top-quality audio
- Three Digital digital Pad trigger inputs ( USB x 3 ) for connecting advanced Roland pads like the new PD-140DS Digital Snare CY-18DR Digital Ride
- Play your own WAV samples via an SD card
- USB 10-channel Out/4-channel In for multi-track recording through a single USB cable
- Stereo XLR master output and eight TRS direct outs provide balanced connections to a PA
- Metronome with Quiet Count plus audio playback functions for practice
- Import and play along with tracks via the SD card
- Save up to 999 kits on an SD card
- Audio record function to capture and export drumming performances to SD card
- Advanced V-Edit system to customize drum and cymbal sounds
- New snapshot feature to compare sounds while customizing
- 14 analog pad inputs
- MIDI In and Out
- Footswitch jack for several functions
- Headphone Out 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch
- Uses Standard Roland module mount MDP-7 ( not included )