The Earthworks ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifier™ series is based on discrete circuitry designed by David Blackmer, establishing a new standard of sonic excellence in electronics. This hardware provides frequency response from 1Hz to 200kHz +0.5dB, a rise time of 0.27 microseconds and distortion of less than 1 part per million (0.0001%) minimizing the possibility of sonic degradation. These preamps are fast, clean and transparent. It is like plugging your microphone into a “piece of wire with gain”. You will hear clarity and detail with the ZDT preamps that is not available in any other preamp at any price.
- Zero Distortion – less than one part per million
- High output level +30dBu
- Very low output impedance will drive long lines without interference or signal loss
- True 48 volt phantom, polarity reverse & clip indicator
- Separate XLR & 1/4” Phone (t-r-s) outputs, each with its own gain/level controls
- 1/4” phone connector output will drive balanced or unbalanced inputs
- Full differential (balanced) from XLR in to XLR out – no internal conversion to single-ended
- All discrete components; Class A amplification (no ICs in the signal path)
Greater transparency with minimum signal path and minimum features
- Made in USA
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.